Shahi Paneer Recipe is one of the popular dishes of North India, to make it, Paneer is cooked in spicy tomato gravy. This traditional vegetable has been practiced for many generations since the time of the Mughals and is mainly made in the afternoon or dinner. To bring royal flavors to this Recipe for Shahi Paneer, it is made in cashew and tomato gravy.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: All over World, Indian
Servings: 2 person
Shahi Paneer Recipe Ingredients:
- 250-gram cottage cheese sliced into 1-inch sq. pieces
- 1 medium tomato powdered
- 2 medium onion blanched and ground
- 5-6 cashew
- 1 tsp coriander seeds roasted
- 1-2 cloves
- 1/2 piece bay leaves
- 1 small piece cinnamon
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 drop red food color if you want
- 1/3 cup curd not sour
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp sugar if you like
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 saffron threads dissolved in 1 tsp water if you want
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- salt as per your taste
- 1-2 tsp kasoori methi for garnishing
Read More Recipes:1. Dal Makhani Recipe | How to make Dal Makhni at Home (Step-by-Step)
2. Chicken Curry Recipe | How to make Chicken Curry Jamaican
3. Chocolate Cake Recipe | How to make Chocolate Cake Recipe Eggless
- Make a fine powder by grinding cashew nuts with roasted coriander seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon, and green cardamom. When it starts splitting, add the powdered onion.
- Fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until it turns light brown in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, one drop red food color, cashew powder (made in step-1) and fry for a minute.
- Add the pureed tomato puree and salt to make recipe shahi paneer.
- While stirring, cook for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add churned curd, sugar and 1/3 cup of hot water.
- Mix well and boil the mixture until the oil starts to escape.
- Remove the pan from the gas and allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the khada masala (cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon, and green cardamom) and grind the mixture finely in a mixie to make the puree. Put the mixture back in the same pan and keep it on the gas.
- Put fresh cream, garam masala powder and saffron dissolved in water.
- Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cottage cheese pieces and mix well so that the gravy will be well applied to them.
- Cook 3-4 minutes and turn off the gas.
- Serve hot Recipe for Shahi paneer in lunch with Punjabi butter naan or tandoori roti garnished with Kasuri methi.
Suggestions and Variations:
This Shahi Paneer recipe uses un-fried cheese. To increase the flavor of the vegetable, fry the paneer in oil or ghee till it turns light brown and then add it to the vegetable. To make Shahi Paneer Gravy more creamy, place 1/4 cup fresh cream in Step-10 instead of 2 tablespoons. Do not forget to remove the spices before grinding the tomato gravy in the grinder. Garnish the prepared Shahi Paneer with cream. Shahi paneer looks tempting after seeing the cream of white color over the yellow-red gravy.
Methods of serving: Shahi paneer can be served in the afternoon or dinner with butter naan, tandoori roti, paratha, kulcha, etc. You can also serve it with boiled rice or pea casserole.