Palak Paneer Recipe is a very popular curry (vegetable) of North India. To make restaurant style palak paneer, the soft paneer is roasted in ghee with spices in a blanched Palak gravy and fresh cream is added to make it creamy. Serve it with paneer parathas to enjoy the good taste of nutritious Palak paneer sabji.
Palak Paneer is a very tasty and healthy Punjabi Recipe which is very famous all over North India. Today we will learn how to make Palak paneer making in Dhaba style at home. So let’s read the recipe.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Course: Main Course
Servings: 2 people
Palak Paneer Ingredients:
- 2 Bunch Spinach (palak)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 4 cardamom (Ilaychi)
- 4 Cashew
- 20 cubes Paneer
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- First of all, wash the spinach(palak) properly and dry it.
- Cut it and keep in mind that its part, ie the bottom part, is not put in the vegetable, so please remove it.
- Put water and spinach in a cooker and get it 4 whistles and boil it properly.
- Grind the spinach in a grinder and make a paste.
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it.
- Mix cardamom, cashews and cook till it becomes light brown.
- Now add finely chopped onions and lightly fry them.
- Now let go, add finely chopped tomatoes and fry it well.
- Add salt, chili, spices and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add ground spinach and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add cottage cheese pieces and cook for 10 mints.
- Serve hot Palak Paneer sabji.
Suggestions and Variations:
If you do not have paneer available, you can enjoy this Punjabi vegetable using fried tofu instead of paneer to make Palak paneer. Soft cheese is easily found in gravy. To make the cottage cheese soft, after frying, sink it in hot water for 10 minutes. It is important to mix the milk after the gas is off. Rubbing the vegetable on the running gas will cause the cream to burst. If you want to increase the amount of gravy, then add more water and add spices as per taste. To make the vegetables testier, fried Paneers are used. If you want to make low-calorie vegetables, then use paneer without frying it. To give the Punjabi flavor to the vegetable, add 1/4 tablespoon Kasuri Methi.
Taste: Spicy and Creamy
Methods of serving: Palak paneer is served with a variety of Indian Rotis. Apart from this, you can also serve them with boiled rice, cumin rice, and cucumber salad.