Manchurian Recipe step by step with photos – Veg Manchurian is an Indian Chinese dish, it is very tasty to eat and it is sereved in party’s, Get-together.
Preparation Time: 10 minute
Cook Time: 35 minute
Total Time: 45 minute
Keyword: manchurian recipe, manchurian recipe gobi, manchurian recipe veg, manchurian recipe gravy, manchurian recipe with gravy
Servings: 6 people
For Manchurian Balls
- 1/3 cup Maida
- 2 tbsp corn flour corn starch
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3/4 cup grated cabaage
- 1/2 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 pinch Ajinomoto if you want
- 1 tbsp oil for frying salt
For Manchurian Recipe Gravy
- 2 tbsp ginger powder
- 2 green chillies cut into 2 long pieces
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1+2 cup water as your need
- Salt as per taste
Manchurian Recipe Instructions
Manchurian Ball Recipe :
- In a bowl, add grated carrot, grated cabbage, chopped capsicum, chopped green chillies, 1 tsp oil, black pepper powder, 1 pinch of Ajinomoto, all purpose flour, corn flour and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make small balls from the mixture.
- There is no need to add water to the mixture because the water released from the vegetables is enough to make the balls.
- If the mixture is dry and the balls are not formed well, then you can add some water as per the need.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the prepared balls on medium heat until they turn golden and put them in a plate (put a kitchen paper napkin on the plate to absorb more oil).
Manchurian Recipe Gravy :
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon cornflour in one cup of plain water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add finely chopped ginger, finely chopped garlic, chopped green chillies and chopped green onions and fry for a minute.
- Then add soy sauce, chili sauce and tomato ketchup and fry for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, black pepper powder and salt and keep the mixture boiling. When it starts boiling then let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the corn flour dissolved in water and mix all the gravy ingredients well. Let it cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Add fried Manchurian shells and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and garnish it with green onions. Serve hot and spicy Manchurian with Chinese fried rice or noodles.
Suggestions and Variations:
There is no need to add water to the vegetable mixture because only the water released from the vegetables will be enough to make the balls. If the mixture looks dry, you can add some water as per the requirement.Initially keep the gravy thin as it will thicken after cooking.Make the Manchurian balls just before serving, otherwise they will become soft due to the moisture of the vegetables.Ajinomoto is used to bring Chinese flavor in this recipe. If you do not have Ajinomoto available or do not want to use it, then you can make Manchurian without adding Ajinomoto.
Taste: Manchurian balls made with vegetables with delicious gravy
How to Serve: Serve it for dinner with Hakka Noodles or Fried Rice, or enjoy this hot spicy recipe alone.