Learn how to make kaju katli recipe at Home Step-by-step procedure (photos). Kaju Katli is famous Sweet in India and is generally made in festival session.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 4 people Author: recipewale
Recipe for Kaju Katli
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tbsp cardamon powder ilaychi powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Ghee for smoothness
Method: (Recipe of Kaju Katli)
- (If you are using cold cashews kept in a frozen / fridge, bring them to room temperature before grinding.) Pour cashews into a small jar of a mixer grinder and grind them to a fine powder. Do not grind cashews too much or the powder will become smooth. If necessary, remove the powder from the side of the jar with a spoon and grind again.
- Boil sugar and water in a pan on medium heat.
- Stir continuously with a spoon until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the mixture to boil after the sugar dissolves. When the mixture starts to boil until it becomes slightly thick and smooth (sticky).
- Reduce the heat and add cashew powder and cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Stir continuously with a spoon until the mixture thickens and starts to form like a big bundle. It will take about 5-7 minutes. Do not cook it for too long or else Kaju katli will become tough.
- Turn off the gas and let it cool for 3-4 minutes. Grease the back of a plate with ghee.
- Pour the prepared mixture on the smooth surface. Grease your palms and cylinder with ghee. Knead it slightly when the mixture is slightly hot, it will be soft like flour. If the mixture becomes dry then add few drops of milk.
- Roll out the mixture into a 1/3 inch thick round shape. Butter paper can also be placed over the mixture for easy rolling.
- Cut it into squares using a knife. Let it cool for 3-4 minutes. Separate the pieces and enjoy your favorite Kaju katli recipe. If you want, you can also apply silver work on it. It is good for 5-6 days at room temperature and 20-25 days in the fridge.
- Manchurian Recipe | How to make Manchurian Recipe Gravy
- Pav Bhaji Recipe (Step by Step with photos) | Pav Masala
- Tandoori Paneer Tikka Recipe in the Oven | Grilled Paneer Tikka Recipe
Suggestions and Variations:
Recipe for kaju katli :
- Make sure the kaju katli pieces are at room temperature (not cold) before serving.
- While cooking the sugar and water, keep in mind that the syrup does not cook more than a string syrup otherwise the Kaju katli will become tough. Cook until the syrup starts to become slightly sticky and thick.
- If the mixture becomes hard (in step-8), then add few drops of milk and knead it again. If you add milk, use cashew barfi in 1-2 days or keep it in the refrigerator.
- Do not cook the mixture in step-6 until it is too thick, otherwise the Kaju katli recipe will become hard after cooling.
- To give it an attractive look, decorate it with silver work.
Taste: Sweet and light cardamom flavoredMethods of serving: Serve recipe of kaju katli with savory snacks like chivda, salt mercury, gathia, fenugreek(Methi) puri etc.If you Like this Recipe for Kaju Katli please share it with your Friends & Family.