The fruit salad recipe is a delicious and very easy Indian dessert. Freshly chopped fruits are mixed with custard flavor milk to make this dessert. You can add any fruit of your choice which is not sour in this recipe but fruits like banana, Chiku, pomegranate, grape, ripe mango, apple, etc. give the best taste. Only fresh fruit is used in this recipe, but to make it tastier, you can also add dry fruits to it.
Prep Time: 2 hrs
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Course: Dessert, Salad
Cuisine: All over World, Indian
Servings: 6 people
Fruit Salad Ingredients :
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Apple
- 1 Chiku
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup green grapes (seedless)
- 3 cup Milk
- 2½ tsp Custard Powder
- 2-3 varities of saffron optional
- 3 tbsp sugar
Some more recipes:1. Dal Makhani Recipe | How to make Dal Makhni at Home (Step-by-Step)
2. Chicken Curry Recipe | How to make Chicken Curry Jamaican
3. Chocolate Cake Recipe | How to make Chocolate Cake Recipe Eggless
Method (Fruit Salad Recipe):
- Mix 1/2 cup milk, custard powder and saffron in a bowl. Make sure that there are no lumps in it – Fruit Custard Salad.
- Heat 2½ cups of milk in a pan on low heat. Add milk-custard powder mixture and sugar to it. Mix well while stirring with a spoon. Keep the mixture boiling on medium heat.
- After boiling, stir it continuously with a spoon until it becomes slightly thick, it will take about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and drain the mixture in a large bowl. Allow it to cool to room temperature. Later keep it in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to cool.
- Wash all the fruits (Banana, Apple, Chiku, and Grapes) with water. Remove the banana peel and cut it into small pieces. If the grapes are large, cut them in half otherwise keep them whole. Peel the apple and Chiku, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Take all the chopped fruits and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl and pour cold milk over it and enjoy the Fruit salad recipe.
- Milk fruit salad with ice cream is ready. Serve it cold.
Suggestions and Variations:
To make it more creamy, add vanilla ice cream. Do not cut the fruit in advance. Before serving, cut them and add them to the milk and make delicious Fruit Salad with Ice cream.
Taste: Sweet and fresh fruit flavor.
Methods of serving: It can be served as a dessert in the party. It also tastes great with puri and vegetable at lunch.