Chocolate Cake Recipe is a famous dessert and tasty sweet food all over the world. It is made on special occasions like Birthday cake, and many more…
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Cuisine: All over World
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake:
- 3/4 cup maida
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder not sweet
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup black coffee (mix 3/4 tsp instant coffee powder or espresso powder in 1/2 cup hot water)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1½ tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 3-4 drops of vanilla essence or (1/4 tsp vanilla extract)
Ingredients for ganache frosting:
- 55 grams of chocolate chips or chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2½ tbsp fat milk (Full Fat Milk)
Method (Chocolate Cake Recipe Eggless):
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) for at least 10 minutes. To make black coffee, mix 3/4 tsp instant coffee powder in 1/2 cup of hot water. In a bowl add black coffee, oil, lemon juice (or vinegar) and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add sugar to it. If the sugar grains are big then grind them coarsely in a grinder.
- Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture.
- Mix them well. Do not mix too much.
- The mixture should be slightly diluted (like pakoras solution), they should not be too thick.
- Grease the inside surface of a cake cooking pot (6.5 inch square or round pan) with oil or butter. Add the prepared solution to it.
- Put it to bake in a preheated oven (to bake) and let it bake for 30 minutes. Remove pan from the oven. To check if the cake is cooked or not, put a toothpick or knife in it and if they come out clean then the cake is cooked. Otherwise, let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature. Separate the cake from the pan with a knife at the edges of the pan. Place a rack or a plate on top of the cake.
- Flip both the pan and the rack together, this will lead to the top of the cake rack. If the cake does not come out easily, gently knead the pan.
- Now let’s make frosting to decorate the cake. Take chocolate chips or (chopped chocolate) in a bowl.
- Heat milk and butter in a small pan on medium heat.
- When the mixture starts boiling then let it cook for a minute.
- Turn off the gas. Pour hot mixture over the chocolate and leave it for 2 minutes. Because the mixture is hot, the chocolate will melt.
- Whisk until the mixture becomes soft and shiny, using a whisk or spoon. Initially, the mixture will not look good but later it will start to get shiny. Ganache Frosting is ready.
- Spread aluminum foil on the bottom of the rack or place it on the cake plate. When the frosting is placed on top of the cake in the next step, more ganache will fall in it.
- Put ganache on the cake and spread it evenly.
- If you like it, sprinkle some chopped almonds on it. Let it set for 1-2 hours. Eggless Chocolate Cake is ready. Cut and serve it in pieces of your choice.
Suggestions and Variations:
The cooking oil you use to make the cake should not be very fragrant, otherwise, it will smell in the cake. To make the cake for 8 servings, double the amount of all the ingredients and to make the cake, use an 8-inch square pan or 9 inches round pan. Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes instead of 30 minutes. If you do not want to make the chocolate ganache, then decorate the cake with powdered sugar. Do not reduce the amount of lemon juice. You cannot use baking powder in this recipe instead of baking soda.
Taste: Chocolate with the sweet and soft texture
Ways to Serve: Serve it as a dessert after dinner or make and serve it for a child’s birthday party.